- Different people have different heat and cold tolerance (that's why). Genetics plus acclimatization.
- Should therefore fetch plants with genetically good (cold) tolerance plus let them acclimatize.
- Explains acclimatization for houseplants. (hardening?)
- Tomatoe varieties that can withstand cold temperature (and be grown in winter) in Egypt.
- That's why plants I have have acclimatized to the weather (heat) and water (low).
- That's why it's best to take cuttings or seeds from plants that grow nearby in your same area (for instance for me: from Nasr City rather than from Giza).
- I love graphs that show results of experiments (data plotted)!
- Under a certin temperature, a plant or organism stops attempting to acclimatize.
- Should go explore wild plants in South Sinai and in Siwa (Dr. Mahdy).
- Aclimatization vs genetic factors.
- "Cold tolerance varies between geographic races of a species."
- Opuntia fragilis (cactus)
- "The geographic range of crop species has been extended into colder regions by palnt breeders."
- Umbilicus rupestris
- "Past climatic changes, for example ice ages, will have changed the temperature tolerance of species as well as forcing their migration."