- Different biomes and permaculture (Permaculture: A Designer's Manual by Bill Mollison, 14 chapters)
- Biomes: temperature and precipitation: Quran factors for vegetation: water, wind, ...
- Communities: some species attract the presence of others. This concept can be used in achieving goals.
- Holzer permaculture: growing things in cold high altitude climate (local climate)
- Mosses: peat moss (habitat, conserve?)
- Polar desert?
- Underground water in Egypt's deserts, for use in agriculture, can ecology give us a clue on how to best use such resource?
- Observation: Many things in biomes are a seasonal, transient, in migration due to changing weather.
- Inspiring ideas from ecology to effect rich and resilient human communities.
- Birding clues from ecology.
- Cold desert: Mongolia (Gabi).
- Vegetation (sporadic yet patterned) along desert roads in Egypt.
- Tropical rainforest: my dream.
- 3% concentration of salt in water of oceans.
- Plants to treat water in fisheries (permaculture)
- Ecology and the Aswan High Dam.
- Ecological understanding of presence of roaches around households.
- Plants germinating only after fire!
- Epiphytes: rooted on the damp upper branches!
- Biomes: where biogeographers recognize marked differences in the flora and fauna.
- Biomes grade into one another.
- Eight terrestrial biomes:
- relation to annual temperature and precipitation
- Eight biomes
- occurs around the Arctic Circle, beyond the tree line
- taiga (northern coniferous forest)
- occupies a broad belt across North America and Eurasia
- liquid water is unavailable for much of the winter
- temperate forests
- range from the mixed conifer and broad-leaved forests of much of North America and northern central Europe to the moist dripping forests of broad-leaved evergreen trees found at the biome’s low latitude limits.
- there are periods of the year when liquid water is in short supply
- occupies the drier parts of temperate and tropical regions
- experience seasonal drought
- chaparral (maquis)
- occurs in Mediterranean-type climates
- mild, wet winters and summer drought
- found in areas that experience extreme water shortage
- tropical rainforests
- high solar radiation throughout the year and regular and reliable rainfall
- is the most productive of the earth’s biomes
- aquatic biomes
|Green tree frog|
- It is interesting to know about the different biomes.
- Which biomes are better than others?